Every mother is sincere when it comes to the health of her unborn child, but there are a few sincere most mothers who actually knows the importance of ‘preconception health’. The former usually refers to all states of health and risky conditions that might affect you and your baby when you become pregnant. For this very reason a lot of care and restrictions are imposed regarding the lifestyle, food habits, and medicines even before conception.
Few Important Things about Preconception Health
If you are planning to become pregnant anytime sooner, check on the following important things to conceive a healthy baby.
- Folic acid is known to lower some birth defect risks in the brain and spinal cord of the unborn. Hence, it is perfectly safe to consume about 400 to 800 micrograms of folic acid per day, for at least 3 months at a stretch. Although folic acid is present in most of the foods that you consume practice taking folic acid supplements along with some essential vitamins for optimum results.
- If you are a chain smoker or an alcoholic, before you are planning to get pregnant, be ready to change your lifestyle. You might ask your doctor for some anti smokers to try for someone months, or you can even join any anti smoking training. Smoking and alcohol both can have some serious adverse effects on your baby. Hence, if you want to be born healthy, it is your duty to do the needful, as soon as possible.
- There are many health problems, which can attack you during your pregnancy period. In spite of taking few prescribed medicines and precautions, you still become susceptible to some disease. So, whenever you develop such a medical condition rush to the doctor immediately, however negligible it might be. Make sure it is made kept under control as soon as possible. If you are suffering from any kind of medical conditions like diabetes, obesity, asthma, depression, epilepsy and even high blood pressure, make sure your vaccinations are properly prescribed keeping in mind your state of health. Opt for a pregnancy days calculator to know accurately at what stage you are in, and what remedies you might need.
- In case your precautions are high, you don’t need to get to the stage of prevention. Take serious precautions to avoid any kind of contact with any toxic substance, object and material wherever you are. You should stay away from harmful chemicals that you know might be toxic and even faeces of rodents and cats.
- Choose your doctor wisely after all he is the one who could provide you with the best advice and medications that you might be needing. The pregnancy week by week pictures give a better understanding of what is happening inside your body.
There are some medicines, which should not be consumed during pregnancy. The best doctor will definitely pick up the right choice of the medicines and replace the ones that are unfit for you.